The humble Mortar and Pestle dates back to 1550 BCE. As ancient as civilization itself, the world may have moved on to kitchen blenders but a good old session with the mortar and pestle makes for a far more rewarding exercise! The act of pounding any food material in a mortar and pestle releases its natural oils and results in a far more intense flavour.
This latest offering from P-TAL is designed with a longer pestle that allows for very different kinds of hand motions than that achieved by one that is shorter in length.
One can use it easily for grinding spices or for medicinal purposes. The charming handcrafted body of this mortar-pestle from P-TAL is a telling sign that we are rediscovering the joy of using a mortar and pestle in the kitchen.
- Size in Inches (LxBxH): 1.75×1.75×3
- Finish: Plain golden with lines running in the centre (Handcrafted in pure brass)
- Weight in kg: 0.78
- Contents: 1 Mortar and 1 Pestle
- Note: Any variation in weight & size is the characteristic of handcrafted products
Shipping : 8-10 days
- Is it safe to crush or grind substances in this?
- Ans. It is completely safe to use this mortar and pestle to grind spices since brass does not react with the dry spices.
- 2. Does it tarnish?
- Ans. Purity has its way of being visible. Pure silver turns black over time & pure brass also tarnishes. However, with proper and regular maintenance, you can keep it shiny!